The Baking Steel makes everything better, even roasted vegetable quiche. Wait, what? J
What is French Toast? Well for most, French Toast is a battered bread product served with Maple Syrup and some compote on the side. In France, they call it Pain Perdu, or lost bread, where they use stale or unused ends of loaves to soak and pan fry in butter.
For me, I just say I love breakfast. It's so simple and tasty. It's all about the ingredients, nothing over the top, just good ole breakfast food. So that's where we get to the biscuit.
Two weeks ago, I was on a mission to make homemade English muffins. Many of you have been inquiring about the griddle which is coming soon, but for these, we don't really need a grease channel, so I placed my ¼" Baking Steel on my stovetop instead.
A hangover pizza recipe & cure
Apple slab pie recipe
Last week, while on my major Sansaire/sous vide egg kick, I made this beauty and wanted to share it with you. The eggs are so juicy, creamy and delicious, you can add to almost any combination on a pizza. This one, a traditional bacon and eggs pizza, just needed a pop of green for some color. Bacon and eggs on pizza is killer. Ditch your pizza stone and try out this recipe on a Baking Steel, you'll be blown away by the results. It's a great way to eat your breakfast and get your pizza fix too! If you are like me, be sure to make a little extra bacon, just in case you want a quick snack prior to launching the pizza.
1 pizza dough
3 oz. fresh mozzarella
2-3 strips par cooked bacon
1 green onion, sliced thin
s & p
1. Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
2. Stretch or roll out dough to a 12-inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
3. Distribute fresh mozzarella evenly on top.
4. Add bacon and green onion.
5. Launch onto the Baking Steel. Bake until you've reached your desired brownness.
6. Remove pizza from oven.
7. Crack and drop two (sous vide) eggs on top.
7. With a sharp knife, carefully slash the egg yolks and top with freshly ground pepper.
Slice and serve.
*If you do not own an immersion circulator, crack two raw eggs into a bowl. At step 4, remove pizza from oven and pour two raw eggs on top and continue cooking until eggs are cooked to desired doneness.