In the test kitchen this week, we had an extraordinary guest. We pulled out all the stops to shower him with a vegan “feast” that rivaled his favorite meals back home in Switzerland. He enjoyed our 72-hour dough so much, we decided to name a pizza after him - “The Seba.” Topped with vegan, VioLife mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced red onions and a drizzle of Italian olive oil, it’s simplicity at it’s finest, yet a taste explosion all the same!
This combination of ingredients is a popular one in Italy and our guest was excited to try it with our dough and steel. The Seba is definitely one pizza you should add to your home repertoire. Our 72-hour dough is made with organic wheat flour and because it’s fermented over three days, it’s packed with flavor. The earthiness of the red onion and the silky melt of the vegan cheese, make this pie extra-special, just like our guest!
1 - 72 hour pizza dough
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup VioLife Vegan Shredded Mozzarella
cracked black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with the Baking Steel on the top rack for one hour.
2. Stretch or roll out your pizza dough into a cylinder and place on a lightly dusted pizza peel. Give it a shake to assure the dough is loose.
3. Distribute the VioLife cheese over the top with the thinly sliced red onions. Give the dough one last jiggle to assure its loose and launch into your oven.
4. Bake for 4-5 minutes, open oven and rotate 180 degrees. Close oven and continue to bake for 1 or 2 more minutes. Remove.
5. Top with crushed black peppercorns and olive oil. Slice and serve.