Let’s hear it for a vegetable medley pizza! I decided to take a mini-break from pizza with cheese, so this pie was my first attempt at “cheese-free”. (Maybe I’m just getting ready for World Vegan day on November 1st.) This super colorful and “healthy” pizza, was inspiration enough to stick with my “no-cheese movement”. The only thing missing for me was more vegetables. Feel free to add or subtract veggies as you wish, but try and stick with the “no fromage” rule. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
1. Preheat your oven at 500F with your Baking Steel on the top rack for one hour.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch cylinder, place on a pizza peel that has been dusted with flour. Switch oven to broil.
3. Distribiute the tomato sauce over top, leaving about 1/4 inch from the edge.
4. Carefully distribute all the vegetables. I decided to make quadrants with the vegetables, distribute however you wish.
4. Launch onto your Baking Steel and set the timer for 90 seconds. Next open oven and rotate 180 degrees to promote even color on top. If you have a second Baking Steel move to bottom Steel. Switch oven back to convection bake. Continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Remove and top with some fresh basil. Slice and serve.