Tomatoes are abundant this time of year and I can’t think of a better plan than to slice them thin and cook them on top of a 72 hour dough. We decided to make this pizza sans cheese, so we’re going Vegan. After you take a bite, you won’t even miss it. Adding chopped onion gives every bite the perfect texture.
1 72 hour dough ball
2 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
1/2 onion, chopped
4-5 basil leaves
olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped garlic - combined and mixed
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F for one hour with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch cylinder.
3. Place your dough onto of a lightly floured pizza peel. Give that dough a little jiggle to be assured it’s loose on top.
4. Scatter the tomato slices on top, next add the chopped onions.
5. Spoon the olive oil mixture over the tomatoes and onions. Drop a few basil leaves on top and launch onto your Baking Steel.
6. Bake for 4 minutes, open oven and rotate if needed. Close oven and continue baking for another 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove, slice and serve warm.