Remember back to when you were a kid...you'd play outside all day and mom would bring out a tray of pb&j to fuel the neighborhood's all day play date. Today we are making a pb&j that you don't need to worry about sharing with the kids on your block-you are going to want to save this one for yourself. In this case, pb&j equals pineapple, bacon and jalapeño on pizza and it packs a lot of heat, and not just Baking Steel heat.
Here is what you need.
1 pizza dough
1/2 cup of pineapple, cut into cubes
1 jalapeno thinly sliced
3 strips of bacon raw
2 oz. no cook tomato sauce
2 oz. fresh mozzarella
2 oz. shredded fontina
1. Preheat your oven to 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch cylinder. We like to use our hands.
3. Place your dough on a lubricated pizza peel, switch your oven to broil.
4. Coat the top with tomato sauce and drop the cheeses over the sauce. Throw the rest on top trying to distribute evenly the jalapeño, raw bacon and pineapple slices.
5. Lauch onto your scorching hot Baking Steel. Cook for 2 minutes, open oven and rotate 180 degrees. Switch oven back to bake, convection bake if available.
6. Cook for another 2 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove.
7. Take a photograph, slice and serve.