Granola isn't the first thing that pops into your head when you hear Baking Steel, I get it. But here's what's cool. Granola is awesome. Also, it's REALLY EASY TO MAKE.
When you make granola at home, you get two things. 1. An amazing batch of granola, half the cost of the gross supermarket stuff and 2. A wonderfully smelling home. Two things you really can't beat.
This recipe couldn't really be any easier. Grab the ingredients, mix, bake, toss, bake, consume.
House Granola Recipe
(Makes about 4 cups)
3 cups organic rolled oats
1/2 cup whole almonds, sliced or chopped
1/8 cup ea, raisins, dried cranberries, dried mango, dried papaya, dried pineapple
2 Tbsp, butter
2 oz maple syrup
2 oz raw honey
2 tsp flax seed
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Melt butter, honey and maple syrup together in sauce pan.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients into mixing bowl and stir to coat as best you can.
5. Place mixture onto a silat or parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove and toss mixture around turning it over slightly. Bake for additional 10 minutes.
7. Remove and cool mixture.