It may look like a calzone at first glance, but dive into this tasty quesadilla and it'll make you think twice about what to use those tortillas for next time. Quesadillas are some of the easiest things to make and really, the flavor options are endless, similar to that of a pizza. Replace the pizza dough with a nice, large flour tortilla and get to filling. It's kinda a no brainer to use the Baking Steel Griddle to toast these up nicely too.
Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla (serves 2)
2 ea 10-12" Flour tortillas
1 ea can black beans, rinsed
4 oz fresh corn, cut off cobb
2 oz red onion, diced small
2 oz tomato, diced small
1/4 ea jalapeno, sliced into thin rounds
1/2 bunch cilantro, rough chopped
4 oz oaxaca cheese, shredded
1 ea lime
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat Baking Steel Griddle for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Lay tortillas on top of your griddle and spread cheese all over the top of them.
3. Toss the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and spread evenly across the top of the cheese and tortillas.
4. Fold over in the middle and toast for about a minute on each side. At this point, the cheese should be nice and melty and the salsa warmed through.
5. Remove, slice into wedges, serve with some guac, salsa and sour cream. Squeeze a little lime on top and try to share what you haven't eaten yet.