Pecan-Pumpkin Pizza Pie. Say that five times fast.
We are truly sad to see our Turkey Takeover week come to an end. We've enjoyed sharing our favorite holiday traditions with you, from roasting our turkey on the Baking Steel, to our leftover sandwiches and badass turkey slab pie. We hope we have influenced you enough to try something new this holiday season.
Now, last but definitively not least, a treat for your sweet tooth. Let's end this Turkey Takeover week the same way we close out Thanksgiving dinner, with an incredible, game changing pie.
Let's get to it & remember to use our hashtag #bakingsteel for all of those holiday photos we know you'll take.
Pecan-Pumpkin Pizza Pie (serves 8)
ea bar pizza dough ball
8 oz pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 ea egg
8 oz pecans, roughly chopped
8 oz cane sugar
6 oz brown sugar
1. Preheat your Baking Steel on the top rack at 500F for 45 minutes.
2. Stretch out your pizza dough to a 10 inch cylinder. Spread olive oil on the bottom of a 10" cake pan. Put dough on top and press to edges.
3. Mix pumpkin puree, half the spice and an egg in a bowl and spread on top of pizza.
4. In small sauce pot, melt sugars together and add remaining spice. Drop pecans in and coat nuts with caramel. Cool on parchment paper or silpat.
5. Break cooled pecan-sugar mix into pieces and put on top of pumpkin puree. Bake on top of steel for 10 minutes. Remove pizza from pan and kiss on steel for additional minute. Remove, cut, and dump a bunch of powdered sugar on it if you'd like.
6. Happy Thanksgiving!