What do you think would happen if Baking Steel teamed up with King Arthur Flour? (Hint...it's magical!) You make a killer margherita pizza! Lets set the scene. Picture a couple of our King Arthur Baking Steels pre-heating in our Thermador ovens at our new test kitchen location. Now add a no-cook tomato sauce, no-knead dough, fresh whole milk mozzarella and fresh picked basil. Recipe for success, right? Right! One after one, the pizza's turned out perfectly. With the right tools, and fresh, simple ingredients, you can create some love for stunning and delicious pizza right at home!
Create Some Love,
1 pizza dough
4 oz. fresh tomato sauce
3 oz. fresh mozzarella
s & p
1. Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
2. Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
3. Evenly distribute tomato sauce leaving about 1 inch around perimeter
4. Place fresh mozzarella throughout, less is more.( This stuff oozes). Add a couple of fresh basil leaves.
5. Launch onto the Baking Steel, bake until you've reached your desired brownness. We made a few, some purposely darker than others. What's your preference?
7. Remove pizza from oven, and top with a few leaves of fresh basil and olive oil.
Slice and serve.