This simple, classic pizza is a re-invented Greek Salad. The kalamata olives give it the perfect fruity almost wine like flavor. The only thing missing is the iceberg lettuce.
Big Fat Greek Pizza Recipe
1 - 72 Hour Pizza Dough
3 oz heirloom cherry tomatoes
2 oz goat’s milk feta cheese
2 oz pickled banana peppers
1 tsp dried oregano
3-4 kalamata olives, sliced
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch our roll out your dough into a 12 diameter, place on a pizza peel that has been dusted with a combination of semolina and bread flour. Switch the oven to the broiler setting.
3. Distribute the feta cheese, tomatoes and peppers and kalamata olives. Sprinkle oregano on top. Launch onto your hot steel.
4. Bake for 90 seconds, open the oven and rotate pizza about 90 degrees.
5. Continue to bake for 2 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove, drizzle a bit of olive oil and apple cider vinegar on top. Enjoy.