I first heard about this two ingredient pizza dough last week. A friend emailed to ask if I had tried using self-rising flour and yogurt, to make pizza dough. Internally, I laughed at the idea. But eerily enough, I read about this on Yahoo about 30 minutes after our conversation. The photos didn't look half bad. So I emailed my friend back, to ask if he wanted to stop by the Baking Steel test kitchen and give it a whirl! We do know there is no better pizza stone than ultra-conductive Baking Steel. And since I had my doubts about this two ingredient pizza dough, I was going to need all the help I could get.
The verdict: In a pinch, surprisingly good.
Create Some Love,
2 INGREDIENT PIZZA DOUGH
- Adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian-
1 Cup of Fage Greek Yogurt
1 - 1 ½ Cups of Aunt Jemima Self-Rising flour
Substitutions: If you want to veto the self rising flour, substitute 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon of fine seasalt. Add in with 1 Cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt.
Pre-made 2 ingredient Dough
3 oz. tomato Sauce
3 oz. fresh mozzarella
a few sprigs of fresh basil
1. Pre-heat oven with Baking Steel on top rack at 500 F for 45 minutes.
2. Combine both ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Remove from bowl and mix by hand for 5 minutes. Add flour if mixture is too sticky.
3 . Using a rolling pin, stretch the dough into a 12 inch cylinder or any form for that matter.
4. Distribute tomato sauce leaving an inch around the border. Top with fresh mozzarella and a few sprigs of basil.
5. Launch into oven on the Baking Steel and bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove, top with olive oil and more basil.
Slice and Serve.