Every Tuesday Fresh Chef Craig hits the farm and picks up our Community Supported Agriculture or CSA from Langwater Farm. We meet in the test kitchen where he shares all the farm freshness, and from there we plan our menu for the week. The vegetables are literally plucked from the earth that week, so we know exactly what's in season. Tomatoes are upon us this week and what better way to showcase these babies than on a pizza.
We always have fresh pizza dough. I highly recommend making a batch of no knead dough early in the week, bulk ferment at room temperature and ball it up to leave it in the fridge. Dough can stay in the fridge for a week or even longer. When Friday night rolls around, you will be so glad you did. Dinner will be a snap. Just preheat your Baking Steel in the oven for an hour and you are good to go.
These mini heirloom tomatoes are pristine. I just sliced them in half and tossed them with olive oil and a bit of sea salt. I complimented them with fresh mozzarella and arugula. Using the broiler technique, this farm fresh tomato pizza was made in about 3 minutes. It's beautiful, in season and delicious! Happy Friday everyone!
1 no knead pizza dough
3 oz. fresh mozzarella
20 mini heirloom tomatoes, sliced and tossed in olive oil and seasalt
1 oz. fresh arugula leafs
1. Preheat your oven with your Baking Steel on the top rack for 1 hour
2. Stretch out pizza dough to a 12 inch cylinder, switch oven to broil
3. Place dough on peel and distribute fresh mozzarella and tomatoes on top.
4. Launch on to hot Baking Steel
5. After 60 seconds, open oven and give the pizza a 180 turn
6. Broil for another 1-2 minutes until desired brownness.
7. Remove from oven, take a photo, slice and serve.