It's always a good strategy to frequent your local pizzerias and find out which ones sell their dough. Case in point, Dirty Water Dough Company not only offers pizza by the slice, they also sell their dough. The dough is available in 12 oz and 16 oz portions. I grabbed a couple of 12 oz. portions and introduced them to my Baking Steel. A pretty brilliant idea considering the dough was already at room temperature by the time I made it back to the test kitchen. Of course, I'd always rather be making our 72-hour dough, but in a pinch why no support your local business...
Red Sauce with Jalapeños
1 Store bought pizza dough or our 72 hour ferment
2 oz. tomato sauce
3 oz. shredded low moisture mozzarella
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack for 1 hour.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch round. Place on lightly dusted pizza peel. I love a combination of flour and semolina flour...
3. Switch your oven to broil.
4. Carefully distribute tomato sauce, next add shredded mozzarella and finally the thin slices of jalapeno over the top. Switch oven back to convection bake.
5. Launch onto your Baking Steel and bake for 5-7 minutes or until desired doneness.
Slice and enjoy