This may go down as one of my favorite summer pizzas of all time. Just enough heat from the jalapeños paired with the soft and creamy cheese. And if you have any of these kicking around, it will make this pizza even better. If you are thinking it’s too hot outside to fire up your Baking Steel, this charred corn and jalapeño pizza may just change your mind…
2 ounces fresh mozzarella
1 oz. shredded fontina
5-6 slices of jalapeno
1 ear of corn charred, corn removed from cob
drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack. If you have convection, use it.
2. Stretch out your pizza dough into a 12 inch round, place on a pizza peel lightly dusted with semolina flour and flour. Think of the flour and semolina as ball bearings. Place your dough on top and give it a quick “shake”. Make sure your ball bearings are working properly.
3. Start with the cheese and distribute throughout the top. Next add the jalapeños, peppadew and lastly the corn. Give it one last shake on the peel. Launch onto your Baking Steel.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, open oven and give it the first turn. Bake for 2 more minutes or until desired colors achieved. Remove.
5. Garnish with cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Slice and serve.