I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, pizza put the Baking Steel on the map. Ok, maybe Kenji over at Serious Eats helped too. But breakfast is going to make us famous. Especially when you throw down these carrot cake pancakes. I had these on our trip to Saugatuck this past summer, they are a perfect match for the Griddle. Make these and you too will be famous around town....
2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cup almond milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups carrots, grated
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
3 ea eggs
3 Tbsp cane sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 oz cream cheese
1 oz maple syrup
1 oz almond milk
1 oz powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven Baking Steel Griddle on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes.
2. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
3. Slowly combine wet into dry ingredients.
4. Pour pancake batter on griddle and cook for about 2 minutes a side.
5. Combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour on top of pancakes.
6. Sit down and grab a cup of coffee, you deserve it.