I love Caesar Salad but who doesn’t? So, how could I not make a Caesar Salad pizza?! On occasion, I’ll make it at home and you can bet heavy that I’m going to order one when dinning out. The quality of the lettuce & the flavor behind the dressing are key components but the croutons are not to be overlooked. I tend to favor big cubes of bread, and I prefer them on the softer side. A little crunch, but not stale. So, when making a Caesar at home, I enjoy being able to craft my own croutons, to my own perfection.
When I decided to make a Caesar salad pizza, I went into it looking at my pizza dough as my crouton. We’ll cook the dough naked, right on top of our 500 degree Baking Steel and create a Caesar salad with one big crouton. It’s going to be amazing.
For the dressing, I went back to Fig’s days. We used to make this incredible eggless Caesar dressing that is still my favorite today.
Caesar Salad Eggless Dressing
1 & 1/4 cup of canola oil
juice from 2 lemons
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves
s & P
1. Place anchovies and garlic into your food processor and pulverize.
2. Add both dry & dijon mustards and lemon then pulse.
3. Slowly add chilled canola oil and parmesan and pulverize until mixture becomes creamy.
4. Add s & p to taste
Caesar Salad Pizza
Romaine Lettuce and Caesar eggless dressing
1 or 2 pieces of bacon
shaved parmesean reggiano
1. One pizza dough
2. preheat oven to 500 F with Baking Steel on top rack
3. stretch or roll out dough into a 12 inch cylinder, preferred method is to stretch by hand. we are professionals.
4. launch naked dough onto hot steel and bake for 4 minutes
5. switch oven to broil for the remaining 1 or 2 minutes.
6. remove from oven and distribute Caesar salad, shaved Parmesan Reggiano and of course a crispy piece of bacon.
slice and serve.