This Monday, April 20th, is Marathon Monday for our great city of Boston, Massachusetts. Thousands of runners and fans world-wide will be traveling to Bean Town to brave Heartbreak Hill and cheer from the sidelines. They will be facing 26.2 challenging miles through American’s Walking City.
One thing I know for sure, the city of Boston will be in full carbohydrate overload this weekend. So, lets give the people what they want, let's go all in with a spaghetti and meatball pizza. We'll call it the Boston Marathon Carbo-Load Pizza; a no knead dough, no-cook tomato sauce, hearty spaghetti and flavorful Italian meatballs.
Good luck to all of the marathon runners! You are what makes us #BostonStrong.
If you're really going to make this, we really need to talk. Email me Andris@bakingsteel.com
1 pizza dough
3 oz. no cook tomato sauce
2 oz. fresh mozzarella
1 oz. bread crumbs
6 oz. cooked spaghetti
fresh basil sprigs
3 or 4 meatballs
fresh parmesan reggiano grated
1. Place your Baking Steel on the top rack and pre-heat for 45 minutes at 500 F convection bake
2. Stretch out your pizza dough into a 12 inch round and place on your lubricated pizza peel
3. Distribute tomato sauce over the top, with the fresh mozzarella leaving about 1 inch around the perimeter
4. Launch and bake for 4 minutes, switch to broil for remaining two minutes, until desired brownness. I like char..
5. Remove from oven and place on work area, with a spoon and fork, twirl your cooked spaghetti into rounds and distribute on top of pizza.
6. Grab a handful of bread crumbs and distribute on top, do the same with the grated cheese. Distribute 3 or 4 meatballs on top, strategically place them on top. Make it look pretty for the instagram photo...and don't forget to use our hashtag #BakingSteel ;)
7. Top with a couple of fresh basil leaves
8. Slice and serve....and make sure you run 100 miles after you eat this thing.