I need to continue to remind myself that not every pizza needs to have cheese. I am not proud, but i likely eat more pizza than any other human on earth. Fresh chef craig may be a close second. Just because it’s pizza, doesn’t mean it needs cheese. I’m not saying cheese is unacceptable, but too much isn’t necessarily a good thing. And there are so many tasty options for vegan pizza. Today I crushed a few avocados and spread it on a naked pizza. Then I took some arugula leaves and lightly seasoned them with sea salt and olive oil. It was refreshing, vibrant, healthy and it satisfied my pizza craving. All it took were these 5 ingredients, an instant vegan classic.
5 Ingredient Vegan Pizza
1 pizza dough
1 avocado, peeled and crushed with S & P
1 handful of Arugula, tossed with olive oil and sea salt
crushed pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 500 F, with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch or roll out your pizza dough into a 12 inch round, place on a lightly floured pizza peel.
3. Launch onto your scorching hot Baking Steel and set the timer for 3 minutes.
4. Open oven, and rotate your naked pizza to promote even cooking. Close oven and bake for 2 more minutes, or until desired doneness, remove.
5. Using a spatula, distribute crushed avocado on top. Toss on arugula and crushed red pepper flakes.
6. Slice and serve and take a photo for Instagram..