It got really cold this past week and the leaves are already changing like crazy. This can only mean one thing: THANKSGIVING IS COMING!!!! Every fat kids favorite holiday for sure. While trying not to pack on the pounds, this simple vegan recipe is packed with flavor. From the flatbread cooked stove top on the Baking Steel Griddle to the sweet potato and garbanzo bean hash, this recipe is a true knock out.
Vegan Thanksgiving Flatbread Roll-up (makes 4)
4 ea 50 gram pizza dough balls
2 ea sweet potatoes, diced medium
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 bunch lacinato kale, chiffonade
8 oz cranberry hummus (mix a container of hummus with 1 oz water and 2 oz dried cranberries)
1 ea apple (macintosh), sliced thin
Salt and Pepper
Dash of cinnamon and chili powder
1. Toss sweet potatoes and garbanzo beans in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder and cinnamon. Spread out in one layer and bake at 400 degrees on top of a Baking Steel for 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, make your hummus, slice your kale and your apple. Pre-Heat your griddle at medium for about 8-10 minutes.
3. While your griddle is preheating and your veggies roasting, roll out your dough flat and oblong with a rolling pin. Drizzle one side with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place this side down on top of hot griddle and top back side with the same.
4. Flip after 1 minute and cook for an additional minute.
5. To assemble, swipe hummus to coat flatbread. Sprinkle bean and potato mixture across. Drop a good amount of kale on top of that and garnish with some of that awesome sliced apple you hopefully didn't eat. Roll it up and go to town.