It's Friday afternoon, you still have time to run to your local Whole Foods and grab some chorizo. Buy it pre-sliced if it's available. This chorizo pizza will blow your mind. Here is what you will need: chorizo, fresh mozzarella, grated fontina and a little bit of parsley.
Once your back, pre-heat your Baking Steel & grab one of your doughs (you have better have a stash of fresh dough in your refrigerator). Stretch out your dough, place it on a peel and layer the cheese. Grab 7 slices of chorizo and distribute on top. The chorizo will be the star and you can take all the credit!
1 Pizza Dough
2 oz. fresh mozzarella
2 oz.shredded fontina cheese
several slices Chorizo
1. Preheat your Baking Steel on the top rack at 500F for 45 minutes.
2. Stretch out your pizza dough to a 12 inch cylinder, any shape will do. If you prefer round, try this technique.
3. Turn your oven to Broil, we're going to use our broiler technique for this one.
4. Place your pizza dough onto a floured peel, distribute both cheeses and layer the chorizo on top. Launch onto your scorching hot Baking Steel.
5. After two minutes, open oven and give your pizza a spin. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until desired brownness.
6. Remove, slice and shoot a pic for Instagram.