If I've learned anything these past few years, it's that if you want to eat pizza everyday, sometimes you have to cut out the cheese. I know this sounds sacrilegious. Cheese and pizza are synonymous. That being said, we all make sacrifices for the things we love, so today, we're cutting out the cheese.
I want you to try this thin crust, no cheese pizza recipe. I use our no cook tomato sauce, a few thin slices of garlic and I top it with Basil. It's thin, it's healthy, it's vegan and it's good. All you need is your secret weapon, The Baking Steel.
no knead pizza dough 150 grams
3 oz. no cook tomato sauce
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
a handful of basil leaves
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Roll out your dough to a 12 inch circle and place on floured pizza peel.
3. Switch oven to broiler setting.
4. Distribute tomato sauce over top and place slice garlic on top. Launch onto your hot Baking Steel.
5. Bake for 2 minutes, open oven and give the pizza a 180 degree spin, change oven back to convection bake. Or regular bake if that is not available.
6. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, until desired brownness. Remove and top with fresh basil.
7. Top with olive oil, take a photo, slice and serve.