I'd be willing to bet that if you polled 100 people asking "What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?" 98 of them would say, "the leftovers!" I really couldn't agree more. As much as I love feasting and hanging out with my family and friends, there's just something so good about waking up on Friday and looking forward to that left over turkey sandwich.
We invaded the fridge, grabbed as much as we could and fired up our Baking Steel Griddle. The Griddle provides enough space to make 6 sandwiches at a time. The rest is history. Turkey, cheese, cranberry sauce, arugula, butter, pumpernickel, steel. Go!
Leftover Turkey Sandwich (Serves 3 (if you like sharing))
6 ea slices pumpernickel bread
6 oz butter, soft
24 oz turkey breast, shaved thin (from whole turkey)
6 oz farm fresh arugula
6 oz muenster cheese, sliced thin
12 oz cranberry sauce
1. Heat Baking Steel Griddle to medium heat.
2. Butter your bread, put it butter side down on griddle.
3. Add cheese to 3 sides, turkey to the others. Let that go for about 2 minutes.
4. Add arugula to 3 sides, cranberry sauce to the others. Let it go for another minute.
5. Combine pieces and make delicious sandwiches.