We really have been pushing the limits with this griddle these last few weeks in the Test Kitchen. Today, we knocked out some delicious breakfast tacos using both sweet potatoes and chorizo sausage. From tortilla to hash to egg to assembly, we made it all happen on our Baking Steel Griddle.
We got started by cooking our sweet potato and chorizo hash off on the Griddle. After a quick clean of the steel, we went right for breakfast tacos. We tossed the tortillas in the back, warmed up some hash alongside and grabbed a few eggs. This was the coolest part for me. Scrambled eggs right on the surface of the Griddle!
Taco assembly was quick. Devouring the taco was even quicker. Check out our video.
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Breakfast Taco ( makes 12-6" tacos)
12 corn tortillas
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
4 chorizo links, diced
1 spanish onion, diced
4 eggs, scrambled
6 oz green chile sauce
6 oz cotija cheese, grated
1 fresh lime, sliced
1. For the hash, heat Baking Steel Griddle to medium-high heat.
2. Toss onions, sweet potatoes and chorizo in olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Spread mixture all over the griddle and don't touch for about 4-5 minutes. You want to get some color on everything.
4. Preferably with two spatulas, work the hash back and forth, flipping it around. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from griddle.
5. Clean griddle quickly with bench scraper.
6. Throw tortillas on back part of griddle and some hash along side it.
7. Scramble eggs and drop them slowly on the front of the griddle. Quickly work the eggs back and forth with spatulas or metal bench scrapers.
Assembly from bottom to top: tortilla, egg, hash, green chile sauce, cotija cheese, cilantro, drool.