We told you it was coming. Our menu has expanded so much now that we have the Baking Steel Griddle. With the insane amount of space, we were able to cook up a nice lunch. A stunning example of chicken teriyaki stir-fry all on the Griddle at the same time. Check it out.
We turned our gas on full blast, got our griddle to over 500 degrees. We took our marinated chicken thighs and threw them on the griddle. A little oil was needed just to help lift off the caramelized chicken. After a flip of the chicken, we threw our vegetables on.
From the farm (Langwater Farm), we had bok choy, mustard greens, napa cabbage, chives, and Hakurei turnips. We added in some peppers, carrots and green onions. These all cooked very quickly, leaving a little crunch. We drizzled a little of our teriyaki sauce and tossed our vegetables together.
Great flavor, color and texture. This was a big winner. We sliced the chicken thighs up and just enjoyed the moist, juicy flavor we had before us. The hard sear off the griddle kept the juices inside and gave us a great end product.
Teriyaki Sauce (makes 1 qt)
32 oz soy sauce
1 bunch scallions
2 coins fresh ginger
1 clove fresh garlic
4 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
1. Slowly melt brown sugar into soy sauce in sauce pot.
2. Char pineapple and scallions on griddle.
3. Add charred product, ginger and garlic into pot, simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Blend all and season with salt and pepper. Strain back into pot.
5. To thicken sauce, mix cornstarch with a little cold water to make a slurry. Whisk into bubbling sauce to thicken. Chill or use right away.