This spinach pizza dough is not only colorful, it's packed with nutrients. We used our same 72 hour fermentation formula, but we added the juice from about 5 oz. of fresh spinach. I think this spinach dough would make Popeye proud....
Spinach Pizza Dough
500 grams (3-3/4c) bread flour or all purpose (we prefer bread flour)
16 grams (2 tsp) fine sea salt
1 gram (1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
5 oz. fresh spinach - juiced (yields about 100 grams)
250 grams water
1. Combine dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
2. Juice all of the spinach about 100 grams. Add to dry mixture, next add the remaining 250 grams of water. Liquid total should be 350 grams.
3. Remove from bowl and knead for 2-3 minutes to remove any clumps. Or gently push the dough into the counter. Continue kneading/folding for 2 or 3 minutes total.
4. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, and let rest or bulk ferment for 24 hours at room temperature.
5. Lightly flour a work surface, remove dough and place on floured work surface.
6. Divide dough into equal portions. Next we're going to make dough balls. Place one dough between your hands and fold two sides into center. Rotate 90 degrees and fold into center and continue this process until a ball is formed. Place smooth side into palm and swiftly pinch the seam closed. You can be aggressive with the pinch.
7. Place dough into highly oiled plastic cylinders, date cylinders and place in fridge for 48 hours.
8. Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before you use. You want to let the dough rest for at least an hour at room temperature to relax the glutens....