It's hard to believe another year has come and gone (well, almost). Reflecting back, over the last 12 months, I've got so many things to be grateful for. We're planning a family-friendly New Year's Eve soiree, to celebrate the blessings of 2015 with our friends and indulge in a little Baking Steel pizza love! First up on the nights' menu, is this sous vide egg (all roads eventually lead to Kenji) arugula and prosciutto pizza. I get so excited every time use my Anova Precision Cooker to sous vide eggs, as I know the guests will be clamoring for more of the eggs ooey, gooey, deliciousness! In the past, when cooking eggs on pizza, I have struggled with timing. But, bad timing is no longer an issue with the Sous Vide method-just place eggs in the regulated water and you are golden, a perfect egg every time. And, as a bonus, you can cook a dozen ahead of time so the pizza making session will be a breeze! Just be sure to warm them up before you crack and drop them on top. Resolve to make a better egg pizza in 2016....think sous vide thoughts! Happy New Year!!
Sous vide egg, arugula and prosciutto pizza
1 pizza dough
1-2 sous vide eggs (recipe below)
1 handful arugula
3 slices prosciutto
2 oz. fresh mozzarella
olive oil for topping
s & p
1. Preheat oven at 500 F with Baking Steel on top rack.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch cylinder and place on a lubricated pizza peel.
3. Switch your oven setting to broil.
4. Distribute fresh mozzarella on top of pizza dough and launch onto your scorching hot Baking Steel.
5. Broil for 2-3 minutes, until you have the color you want. Switch oven setting back to convection bake and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, top with arugula and prosciutto. Crack your sous vide egg and place on top. Season with s & p and drizzle some olive oil on top.
7.slice, take a photo for instagram and serve.
Sous Vide Eggs
1. Set your Immersion circulator to 64 C.
2. Using a spoon, carefully place the eggs in the water bath.
3. Set your timer for 20 minutes, remove and shock in a cold water bath.