During our pizza sessions, we don't always have a plan. Once we get to the 3rd pizza, we simply open up the fridge and create what I like to call Pizza A G.E., or refrigerator pizza. Sometimes the best pies are the simple ones. The Baking Steel gave us the oven spring we were looking for, since it was around lunch time, we tossed on some greens with a little fresh Mozzarella and bang, salad pizza.
All you need is one pizza dough, some fresh mozzarella, a handful of mixed greens, lemon and olive oil. And of course, your Baking Steel.
1. Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
2. Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
3. Place a few pieces of fresh mozzarella on your dough, and launch onto the Baking Steel.
4. Grab a handful of mixed greens, place in a bowl and squeeze in some fresh lemon. Pour a little olive oil in as well and toss your salad.
5. When the pizza is done, use your peel to take it out of the oven. Add your mixed greens on top and get ready for a simple and satisfying treat!