The Lannie was introduced to the world last weekend when we hosted a birthday pizza party for two, “rock star” moms. Lindy and Annie threw together an epic pizza of chicken sausage, tomato sauce, red onion and jalapeños. The flavor combination is just epic! Happy Birthday ladies and thanks for sharing your inspiration with the world!
1 Pizza Dough (We prefer you make your own dough)
2 oz. no cook tomato sauce
2 oz. fresh mozzarella, torn
1 oz. fontina cheese, shredded
1/4 red onion, thin slices
1 Chicken Sausage, removed from casing
1 jalapeno, thin slices
Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch our roll out your dough into a 12 diameter, place on a pizza peel that has been dusted with a combination of semolina and bread flour. Switch the oven to the broiler setting.
3. Distribute the tomato sauce, next add the chicken sausage, the red onion and jalapeno. Distriubute the mozzarellla and fontina on top. Then launch onto your hot steel.
4. Bake for 90 seconds, open the oven and rotate pizza about 90 degrees.
5. Continue to bake for 2 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove.
6. Add a bit of crushed red peppers on top, slice and serve....