New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, or Gronk as we call him in New England, is certainly a character. Gronk loves football, Gronk loves women and Gronk loves to eat. On a recent appearance on Top Chef, a hungry Gronk shared that he has a big appetite and nothing hits the spot like a good sausage.
In honor of the America's most beloved meathead, I made this Rob Gronkowski Super Bowl Sausage Pizza on my Baking Steel.
Create Some Love,
No Knead Dough
1. Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
2. Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
3. Evenly distribute tomato sauce leaving about 1 inch around perimeter
4. Place fresh mozzarella throughout, less is more.( This stuff oozes) and grated aged provologne.
5. Distribute floured sausage on top.
6. Launch onto the Baking Steel, bake until you've reached your desired brownness.
7. Remove pizza from oven, add fresh basil and a little grated Parm Reggiano..
Slice and serve.