Today we're talking plant-based pizza in the Baking Steel test kitchen. Plant-based is a diet based on foods derived from plants. Think vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts, fruit...you get the picture. So pizza fits right into this mix!
Now, I already know what you are going to say....pizza just isn't pizza without that thick layer of cheesy deliciousness on top, right?! Well lucky for you, we've found a knock-out, nut-based cheese from Kite Hill that is absolutely fantastic on pizza! This cheese is made from almonds and whipped up to resemble the texture and consistency of a ricotta cheese. Pretty freakin' amazing stuff! Paired with our fresh tomato sauce and some freshly picked parsley, you won't even know what hit you! Boom what? Plants are good!
Try some cheese by Kite Hill at your next pizza night. Baked on your Baking Steel, I bet it becomes a fast favorite!
Plant Based Pizza Recipe
1 72 Hour Pizza Dough or store bought dough
2 ounces fresh tomato sauce
3 ounces Kite Hill Ricotta Cheese
1. Preheat your oven with the Baking Steel on the top rack for one hour.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch diameter, place on floured pizza peel. Turn the oven to broil.
3. Distribute tomato sauce all over the top, leaving about 1/2 inch around the perimeter.
4. Using a spoon, start spreading the Kite Hill Ricotta cheese over the top. Distribute and press lightly with the back of the spoon. Launch. Bake for 2 minutes, open oven and rotate 180 degrees, switch oven back to convection bake.
5. Bake for 90 seconds and remove. Garnish with chopped parsley.