Tonight, February 19th, 2016 we're headed to The Townshend in Quincy, Massachusetts for a pizza pop up event. We are taking over the kitchen late night, 10 PM and bringing our Baking Steels to create amazing pizza's for our guests. Lucky for us, Narragansett Beer will be in the house showcasing their beers including Lovecraft, Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout and lots more. Pizza and beer tonight is going to be epic!
Just in case you can't make it, or don't live in the vicinity, I want to share a perfect Friday night pizza with you. A chorizo and burrata pizza. Make this one and soon you'll be hosting your own pizza pop ups...
Chorizo and Burrata Pizza
1 pizza dough
2 oz. no cook tomato sauce
2 oz. burrata cheese
7 slices thinly sliced chorizo
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough to 11 -12 inches in diameter
3. Dust your pizza peel with flour and place your dough on top. Give it a little "jerk' to make sure the dough does not stick. Continue this as you are topping your pizza to assure a successful launch. Switch your oven to broiler setting.
4. Distribute tomato sauce on top, leaving about 1/2 inch around the perimeter. Top with burrata cheese and chorizo. Launch onto your scorching hot Baking Steel.
5. Cook for 2 minutes, use a timer. Open oven and give the pizza a 180 degree spin. Switch oven back to bake or convection bake if available.
6. Bake for remaining 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove and sprinkle chopped chives on top.
7. Take a picture for instagram, slice and serve with a Narragansett beer.