Summer and peaches go hand in hand. But don't let this sweet treat fool you! Peaches are good for much more than a quick snack or a sinfully, delicious pie. Add a touch of peachy goodness to your dinner with this fabulous summer pizza!
Perfectly ripe peaches pair beautifully with the delicate, milky flavor of fresh mozzarella. Add a touch of basil along with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and you have this summers secret hit, peach pizza! Served with a chilled glass of classic, French Rose, you'll wish it was dinner time over and over again! Happy Summer!
Perfect Peach Pizza Recipe
1 - 72 hour pizza dough, or store bought
1 peach, sliced
3 oz. fresh mozzarella
1 oz. balsamic glaze
basil leaves, chiffinade
1. Preheat your oven to 500F with the Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch or roll out your pizza dough to a 12 round cylinder and place on a lightly dusted pizza peel. Switch your oven to the broiler setting.
3. Distribute the mozzarella and peaches throughtout the top, leaving about 1/2 inch around the border. Launch onto your hot Baking Steel.
4. Cook for 90 seconds, open oven and rotate. If top of pizza is colored as desired, switch oven bake to bake and cook for 2 more minutes. Otherwise, continue on broil until your happy with the color.
5. Remove and top with a chiffande of basil and then drizzle balsamic redution on top.
6. Slice and serve.