New York Style Pizza Dough is the epitome of delicious! Here's more good news-this style pizza cooks perfectly in your home oven on a Baking Steel. In place of sugar, we added a little Mike's Hot Honey to the dough. That's just how we roll. Enjoy!
New York Style Pizza Dough Recipe, With Some Heat
Makes 3 Dough Balls
500 grams (3 3/4 cups) bread flour
15 grams (1 Tbsp) sea salt
300 grams (1 1/4 Cup) warm water (90 F)
50 grams (1/4 cup) Mikes Hot Honey
2 grams (1/2 tsp) active dry yeast
1. In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the warm water and honey together and mix. Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon. Lightly flour a work surface. Remove mixture from bowl and knead for 2 or 3 minutes. Basically trying to remove any dry clumps of flour.
3. Place back in bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let rest for 24 hours.
7. Divide dough into equal portions. Next we're going to make dough balls. Place one dough between your hands and fold two sides into center. Rotate 90 degrees and fold into center and continue this process until a ball is formed. Place smooth side into palm and swiftly pinch the seam closed. You can be aggressive with the pinch.
8. Place dough into lightly oiled plastic cylinders, date cylinders and place in fridge for 48 hours. Let rest for 2 hours for same day use.
9. Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before you use.