You'll have every heart beating true for the red, white and blue when you serve up this simple, mixed berry galette. This recipe is easy to make and packed with that festively sweet flavor, we all crave at our summer barbecues!
With a plentiful supply of freshly-picked berries and our rustic pie dough, we can whip this up in no time. This bad boy will cook directly on top of the Steel, which results in an extra-crispy bottom crust.
Do your guests a solid this holiday weekend, and give them a culinary celebration they won't soon forget! Happy Fourth!
Simple Mixed Berry Galette Recipe
1 pie dough (recipe below)
1/2 pint fresh strawberries
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp cane sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Gently flour your work surface and roll out your dough about 1/8 inch. Place rolled out dough onto a piece of parchment paper.
3. Remove stems from strawberries and place in bowl with blueberries. Lightly toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cane sugar. Place berries centered on pie dough.
4. Begin to fold over edges of dough into center of berries, continue until the entire dough is folded. Egg wash the edges of the dough and distribute the remaining sugar on top.
5. Launch onto your Baking Steel and bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired doneness.
6. Remove, slice and serve. If you have some ice cream, now is the time.....
Remember to keep your ingredients cold
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
8 oz butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
4 oz ice water
1. Combine all dry ingredients into food processor, pulse 3 times.
2. Add in cubed butter in 3 stages, pulse again. (looking for cornmeal type texture)
3. Pulse in ice water.
4, Knead out of processor until all flour is combined into lumpy/shaggy dough. Wrap dough ball/disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
5. Remove from refrigerator and roll out your pie dough. Stores in the fridge for 2-3 days.