How sweet it is to be a peach on a pizza. No really. Not every pizza needs red sauce and mozzarella cheese spread on it. We've actually found great success in pushing the boundaries of what pizza CAN be. Yes, we love our margherita pizza, but we love our crust so much, we like to explore too.
Stone fruit in our neck of the woods is prime right now. From peaches to nectarines and plums. Everything is so tasty and juicy right now. You gotta love this time of year. I am a particularly big fan of cooking stone fruit too. Roasting and charring the natural sugars give these fruit something to sing about. The flesh breaks down and just melts. It is so peachy. (Sorry, I just had to)
We had such a big hit with our ricotta and berry pie that we switched some peaches up for the berries and gave it a go. Fresh mint tied this all together at the end for another beautiful snack off our Ultra-Conductive Baking Steel.
Just Peachy Pizza
1 ea peach, just ripe, sliced into rounds
1 oz garlic-herb cheese spread (boursin like)
5-6 leaves fresh mint, chiffonade
drizzle of balsamic glaze
olive oil, salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven with your Baking Steel on the top rack for 1 hour
2. As soon as you stretch out pizza dough to a 12 inch cylinder, switch oven to broil.
3. Place dough on peel. Give a nice dose of olive oil and distribute dollops of cheese spread and peach slices on top.
4. Launch your pizza towards the back of the steel and let loose. After 60 seconds, open oven and give the pizza a 180 turn
5. Broil for another 1-2 minutes until desired brownness.
6. Remove from oven, top with mint, take a photo, slice and serve.