A few weeks back on Instagram, Jenn Louis posted a photo of an awesome looking pizza pie! It looked so good, I immediately had to reach out to ask if she would share the recipe. Five minutes later I headed to Whole Foods with the list of ingredients/recipe in hand-green onion, Burrata cheese and tomato sauce. Beautiful combination again Jenn!
I first discovered Jenn's brilliance with her stromboli recipe. We made an epic trade, her stromboli recipe for a Baking Steel, we both came out happy. She has a knack for layering simple flavors to create mouth-watering results! Her recipes are quickly becoming favorites in our test kitchen and at home. I knew this pie would live up to my expectations and then some.
If you haven't worked with Burrata cheese before, I strongly recommend hitting your local cheese shop this weekend to pick some up. This specialty mozzarella with a creamy, buttery center doesn't stay on shelves for long-it's that good!
Lets check out this week's pie and create some Burrata cheese/Jean Louis love along the way!
Create Some Love,
1 pizza dough
4 oz. fresh tomato sauce
3 oz. fresh burrata
2 oz. green onions, slice thin
s & p
1. Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
2. Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
3. Evenly distribute tomato sauce leaving about 1 inch around perimeter
4. Place fresh burrata throughout, burrata oozes. Add thinly sliced green onions, a lot of them.
5. Launch onto the Baking Steel, bake until you've reached your desired brownness.
7. Remove pizza from oven and take some pictures
Slice and serve.
I could not make enough of this creation. To change things up a bit, I played around with different dough stretching techniques. These below I shaped relatively small. Absolutely loved the explosion of the dough off the hot Baking Steel.