Chef Craig and I are in the middle of a heated debate regarding Thanksgiving leftovers. He says turkey sandwich, I say turkey pizza. We need your help, who's right here? I'm thinking that you'll want to gobble up this leftover turkey pizza but please feel free to chime in and cast your vote...
I know we still have a few days but we wanted to declare a decision ahead of time, so that you can best utilize those coveted leftovers. Like I said, I’m sticking with my guns and leaning toward pizza. Today I’ll show you the best way to utilize and share those Thanksgiving leftovers. So, grab a dough and a beer and open up that fridge. Now, get ready to gobble up this leftover turkey pizza.
1 pizza dough
3 oz. sliced turkey breast
2 oz. fresh mozzarella
1 oz. cranberry sauce
2 oz. mashed potatoes
3 or 4 shaved brussels sprouts (tossed in olive oil and sea salt)
1. Preheat your oven at 500 F with the Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. stretch or roll out your dough to a 12 inch cylinder
3. Place your dough on a lightly floured pizza peel, and switch your oven to broil.
4. Top your dough with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and fresh mozzarella.
5. Launch onto the Baking Steel and cook for 2 minutes, open oven and spin the pizza 180 degrees. Close oven and cook for 2 more minutes or desired doneness.
6. Remove from oven and distribute thin slices of turkey, top that with the shaved brussels sprouts.
7. Slice, take a photo and serve..