The end of summer is upon us here in the northeast section of this fine country. That only means one thing, corn is almost on its way out. We got one more delicious corn themed pizza in the works this week before we get into everyone's favorite season here, FALL.
Using our broiler method to cook our pizzas, we are able to char the corn up ever so slightly to give some great flavor characteristics to it. With the addition of Black Forest Bacon and shaved brussels sprouts, it's a true winner.
Give your summer produce a blast of Baking Steel and soak up the last few weeks of the heat and show us your pizza skills!
Sweet Corn Summer Pie
(Serves just one, it's that good)
1 no knead pizza dough
3 oz mozzarella cheese
8 ea brussels sprouts sliced VERY thin
1 ea corn cobb, cut off
2 ea black forest bacon slices, cut into squares
olive oil, salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven with your Baking Steel on the top rack for 1 hour.
2. As soon as you stretch out pizza dough to a 12 inch cylinder, switch oven to broil.
3. Place dough on peel and distribute fresh mozzarella on top. Give a nice dose of olive oil too.
4. Toss vegetables in olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread around the pizza. Don't be afraid to reach the very rim of the crust too. Throw your bacon at the pizza and see what sticks.
5. Launch your pizza towards the back of the steel and let loose. After 60 seconds, open oven and give the pizza a 180 turn.
6. Broil for another 1-2 minutes until desired brownness.
7. Remove from oven, take a photo for Instagram, slice and serve.