The Baking Steel has changed my life. The last three years of my professional life have been nothing short of amazing. However, not all changes have been welcome-namely, I'm talking about the extra pounds I've gained at my waistline! Basically, I eat too much great food and don't get enough exercise. This week I'm changing that by making changes in my daily choices. First off the list-meat products! I can't at this point say forever, but it will be until I start to manage my weight. Prior to my Kickstarter campaign, I was a lacto-ova vegetarian. Meaning, I would include dairy and eggs in my non meat eating diet. I'm going back to my old ways. I'll report back in a few weeks with my progress. But not to worry, Chef Craig isn't joining me on this venture, he'll still be curating delicious non-vegetarian recipes for all of our meat eating readers!
This week, I made a delicious and "healthy" avocado sandwich. Butter some nice slices of an Italian country loaf, toss on fresh mozzarella and thinly sliced avocado. It seared beautifully on the Griddle. It was a tasty lunch even without all the added "meats". I look forward to sharing other healthy alternatives with you, as I attempt to eat and exercise myself back to good form.
2 Slices Bread
3 oz. Fresh Mozzarella
Crushed Red Pepper
1. Pre-heat your Griddle on your oven on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes.
2. Butter 2 slices of bread and flip over to naked side. Distribute avocado, lettuce and fresh mozzarella with crushed red pepper flakes.
3. Carefully place butter side down on your Griddle.
4. Cook each side for about 5 minutes or until nice an toasted.
5. Remove from Griddle, slice, take a photo for Instagram and devour.