The holidays are always a great way to spend time catching up with friends. So last week, I invited a couple of friends to join us for a dinner and "pizza politics" --you know, a profound discussion of what's good on top of pizza. We determined that for us, pretty much everything goes!
There were four adults in our party, so I thought of a fun pizza topping game. What if every adult chose one topping and we coudl "invent" a pizza together? Sounds fun, right? We each threw our topping into the ring...spinach, tomatoe sauce, fresh mozzarella and an egg. I stretched my pizza dough and got to work making our crispy spinach and egg pizza. And wow, what a creation it was. This baby was stunning! For an extra kick, I decided to toss on some fresh spinach post-bake...spinach two ways if you will.
So there you have it, game night and pizza night all rolled into one tasty time for everyone!
Create Some Love,
Crispy Spinach and Egg Homemade Pizza
1 pizza dough
75 grams (2 oz.) no cook tomato sauce
75 grams (2 oz.) fresh mozzarella
40 grams (1.5 oz) fresh spinach
1. Preheat your oven to 500F with your Baking Steel on the top rack for 1 hour.
2. Stretch or roll out your dough and place on lubricated pizza peel.
3. Switch your oven to broil. Paint the tomato sauce all over the top. Next add fresh mozzarella and firmly place spinach all over the top of the dough. Launch onto your Baking Steel.
4. Bake for 2 minutes, open oven and rotate 180 degrees, next carefully place the egg on top. Close oven, switch back to convection bake for the remaining 2 minutes or until the egg is set.
5. Slice take a photo and serve....