My new Instagram friend @cloudsandcoffee has one of the most eclectic and beautiful feeds on the planet. A couple of weeks ago she posted her new favorite potatoes ever! They were devine-smashed potatoes with paprika and salt. If you could eat a photo, this was the one. It got me to thinking, what if we smashed the potatoes on a hot Baking Steel Griddle? The potatoes have already been baked, so all they need is a little hot Griddle love. The hot Griddle would crisp these up beautifully, delivering the best damn smashed potato recipe in the world.
Smashed Potato Recipe
1 or 2 mini bags of Patriot Potatoes
S & P
1 clove sliced garlic
1 cup sour cream
1 bunch of chopped chives
1. Preheat your oven at 400 F with the Baking Steel on the top rack
2. Toss potatoes in olive oil, s & p, and sliced garlic.
3. Place potatoes on a sheet tray and place directly on your Baking Steel, bake for 30-40 minutes until tender
4. Mean while, preheat your Baking Steel Griddle to medium heat.
5. Place baked potatoes on hot Griddle, grab something to smash each one. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, flip and repeat.
6. Remove potatoes and place on plate. Top with sour cream and chives. Eat.