We ditched the pizza dough for the day and got down on some mean sandwiches. Our favorite, hands down, was this classic BLT sandwich, done the Baking Steel way. We fired up our beautiful Baking Steel Griddle and went to town.
Anybody can make a BLT, I meant really, just follow the letters. We souped ours up with some of our favorites, cheese and avocado. Add it into the mix of our lovely sourdough bread and you'll have the makings of a fantastic lunch. Throw in a couple chef secrets, like using the bacon fat to toast the bread, and you'll definitely make a couple new friends.
BLT on steroids
2 slices sour dough bread
6 strips thick cut bacon
3 thick slices heirloom tomato
1 large wedge iceberg lettuce
3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1/2 of an avocado, sliced
2 oz mayo, the good stuff
1. Preheat the Baking Steel Griddle to medium heat.
2. Throw the bacon down on the griddle. Cook until crisp. Prepare all of your vegetable cuts while the bacon is cooking.
3. Here it comes and not in a healthy form...Use the bacon fat to toast your bread!
4. Flip the toast and spread the cheese across one side and mayo on the other.
5. Add all of your bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomatoes.
6. Attempt to fit sandwich in your mouth.