You've all likely enjoyed Chicken Alfredo at some point in your culinary adventures. It's a classic dish, simple to make and a delight to the tastebuds. That creamy, peppery cheese sauce, and perfectly sauteed chicken, what's not to like?!
Today, we are going to deconstruct the dish, and top our pizza using the same delicous ingredients. The hearty Parmesan sauce is the backbone of a good Alfredo and is a perfect compliment to your pizza crust. To that, we are going to add our free-range organic chicken breasts (which have been sauteed in butter, lots of butter) and our add-in extra, crispy bacon, for mouth watering combination.
This recipe is so easy and so versatile, it's almost impossible to mess up. Not a meat lover? Saute your favorite veggies in place of the chicken/bacon combo and you'll be on you way to vegetarian culinary legitness. Boom! This pizza is so good you are guaranteed to fall in love at first bite!
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Recipe
1 pizza dough (make it yourself)
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded or sliced thin
70 grams (5 Tbsp) butter
35 grams (2 tbsp) flour
50 grams (2 oz) grated parmesan reggiano
salt and pepper
120 grams (1/2 cup) heavy cream
70 grams (2 oz.) fresh mozzarella
2 slices of precooked Bacon - chopped
a few sprigs of parsley, stems removed and chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 500F with your Baking Steel on the top rack for one hour.
2. The Alfredo Sauce: using a sauce pan, melt the butter on medium heat and slowly add the flour. As it begins to thicken, pour in your heavy cream. Using a whisk, vigorously stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and add grated cheese, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
3. Stretch or roll out your dough to a 12 inch round, place on a peel that has been lightly dusted with flour. Switch your oven to broil.
4. Carefully distribute the alfredo sauce to top, place the sliced chicken and bacon, then finish with the grated fresh mozzarella. Launch onto your hot Baking Steel.
5. Cook for 2 minutes, open oven and rotate 180 degrees, switch oven back to bake or convection bake if available. Bake for 2 more minutes or until desired doneness. Remove and garnish with chopped parsley.
6. Take a picture for Instagram, slice and serve.