Everyone I am coming into contact with seems to have a intolerance to gluten. It's getting a little crazy. I'm certainly not in that camp, but lately I have been laying off the gluten. Everything in moderation, including moderation. A few months back we tried cup4cup pizza mix with pretty good results. Lately, I've been reading and seeing folks use cauliflower for the dough. I thought, why not give this a try. Let's make cauliflower pizza on a Baking Steel, our secret weapon. If I were to make gluten free again (which is a stretch), I'm siding it with cauliflower.
Good luck & let us know your results...
The dough Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower
3 oz. grated aged provologne
s & p
Feel free to add any flavors to your liking.
Preheat your Baking Steel at 450 F for 45 minutes.
1. Cut out cauliflower florets and place in a food processor
2. Pulverize into rice
3. place in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 5 minutes
4. spread mixture onto a tea towel and let cool
5. squeeze all the water out, and then squeeze some more. we are trying to get all the water content out of the cauliflower
6. place cauliflower into a bowl and add the egg, shredded cheese and s & p
7. combine all ingredients into a dough like mixture
8. spread mixture onto parchment paper into a cylinder, i used my hands to flatten the surface.
9. launch onto your steel and bake for 10-12 minutes, your baking this naked. we will add toppings in the next step.
Feel free to top with anything you wish. We went with a traditional tomato sauce and a duo of cheeses, low moisture mozzarella and aged provologne. Bake until desired doneness or about 5 or 6 minutes.
slice and serve