It really shouldn't sound that weird to you guys. People have been making BLT's for as long as you can remember. You go to California, they put avocado on it. You go to Texas, they put brisket on it. You go to Maine, they put lobster on it. Got it? You go to the Baking Steel Test Kitchen, we make a pizza out of it.
Using our lovely No-Knead Pizza dough, we went to town for this tasty afternoon snack. We treated it like we do all of our pizzas. Think it through. What should be cooked on it. What is garnish. Its quite simple just know your ingredients. If all else fails, try it and taste it. It's all about what you like.
(Serves just one, it's that good)
1 no knead pizza dough
3 oz mozzarella cheese
4 oz heirloom tomatoes
3 ea black forest bacon slices, cut into squares
2 oz iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
olive oil, salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven with your Baking Steel on the top rack for 1 hour.
2. As soon as you stretch out pizza dough to a 12 inch cylinder, switch oven to broil.
3. Place dough on peel and distribute fresh mozzarella on top. Give a nice dose of olive oil too.
4. Toss tomatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread around the pizza. Don't be afraid to reach the very rim of the crust too. Throw your bacon at the pizza and see what sticks.
5. Launch your pizza towards the back of the steel and let loose. After 60 seconds, open oven and give the pizza a 180 turn.
6. Broil for another 1-2 minutes until desired brownness.
7. Remove from oven, garnish with lettuce, take a photo for Instagram, slice and serve.