You may not think that we here at the Baking Steel Test Kitchen should be doing things like Bloody Mary's, but we do. The Baking Steel Griddle is awesome for all things breakfast (from scratch english muffins, eggs, bacon - YUM)! And, there is no better accompaniment to all this breakfast goodness, than a tall glass of freshness! That's where these babies come in.
Since we are who we are, we used the Baking Steel Griddle to make a little twist on your everyday Bloody Mary. We crisped up some bacon. We charred some asparagus. We toasted some spices. It was great! Oh yeah, we even added some of our house made pickles!
p.s. - Our Bianco di Napoli tomatoes came in handy for something other than pizza too.
Baking Steel Bloody Mary (makes 1 big one)
3 oz your favorite vodka, we used Stoli
5 oz bianco di napoli tomato juice (drained from tomatoes)
3 dashes hot sauce
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch salt and pepper
2 dashes old bay seasoning
0.5 oz pickle juice
0.5 oz fresh grated horseradish
1/4 lemon, juiced
lemon juice for rim
salt, pepper, Old Bay mix for rim
1 strip black forest bacon
1 stock aspragus
1 wedge pickle
1 lemon wheel
1. Do ahead: Crisp bacon and char asparagus on your Baking Steel Griddle, pickle cucumbers, juice lemon, slice lemon wheels.
2. Combine all ingredients into shaker with lots of ice.
3. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds. Taste and adjust to liking.
4. Dip glass into lemon juice and rim glass with the salt, pepper and old bay mix.
5. Pour shaker contents into glass. Garnish with all of your goodies.
6. Repeat, until you feel better.