We made these killer and very easy baguettes last week. The first one we ripped in half and dabbed it in butter. OK, not a dabbed, more like drubbed.
It's not that hard to figure out what to pair with a fresh baguette, the hard part is figuring out what to make first. We started with a sandwich, why not sear a rib-eye and create a mind blowing beef baguette?
If your like me, you're going to want to add a lot of layers of flavors. The Griddle gave us the space to do it all at once. We started with the rib-eye, then tossed on sliced onions and tomatoes. This beef baguette was a home run.
Beef Baguette Sandwich
4 oz. grilled rib-eye
1 oz. farm fresh relish
2 slices of tomato
1 oz. sliced onions
a few leafs of Boston bib lettuce
butter for the baguette
1. Place the Baking Steel Griddle over two burners and turn heat on medium and preheat for 15 minutes.
2. Place rib-eye and cook for 4 minutes, then flip.
3. Butter the flat side of the baguette and place on Griddle.
4. Toss on your onions and tomatoes with a bit of olive oil and caramelize.
5. Remove everything and layer, make it pretty.
Take photo, slice and serve.