Continuing with our theme of Cheeseburgers this week, I decided to reverse engineer one and create a cheeseburger pizza recipe. This one falls into the category of killer. Get rid of your pizza stone and heat of your Baking Steel. Last year we did a video of this pie, this one is almost identical except for one minor change. We are not going to pre-cook the hamburger meat. That's right, raw beef is going on top. We learned this trick from Kenji a few weeks back with sausage. So the same basic ingredients, two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Did anyone get that, or am I dating myself again? I left out the sesame seeds and the onions, feel free to throw them on this cheeseburger pizza sensation. This creation will astound your guests.
Create Some Love,
1 pizza dough
4 oz. uncooked tomato sauce
4 oz. asiago cheese, shredded
2 oz. chopped pickles
4 oz. uncooked 85% lean beef
3 oz. ice berg lettuce, chiffonade
2 oz. special sauce (combine mustard, ketchup & mayonnaise)
1. Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
2. Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
3. Evenly distribute tomato sauce
4. Carefully place and distribute beef, asiago cheese and pickles. Remember, less is more.
5. Launch onto the Baking Steel, bake until you've reached your desired brownness.
7. Remove pizza from oven, top with ice berg lettuce and special sauce.
Slice and serve.