This combination of arugula and tomatoes on the pizza was one of the most popular at Todd English's Figs Restaurant back in the day. It was called the Bianca, it was legendary. The tart flavor of balsamic pairs perfectly with the sweet tomatoes. Grab your pizza dough, heat up your Baking Steel and go to town!
1 72 hour pizza dough
1/4 cup caramelized onions
2 oz. fontina cheese, grated
1/2 cup fresh arugula
6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 500 F with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
2. Stretch our roll out your dough into a 12 diameter, place on a pizza peel that has been dusted with a combination of semolina and bread flour. Switch the oven to the broiler setting.
3. Distribute the fontina cheese and the caramelized onions on top. Launch onto BakingSteel.
4. Bake for 90 seconds, open the oven and rotate pizza about 90 degrees.
5. Continue to bake for 2 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove.
6. Toss tomatoes and arugula in a separate bowl with a drizzling of balsamic vinegar. Place on top of pizza, season with sea salt. Slice and serve.