This 72 hour beet pizza dough recipe goes through the same long and slow fermentation as our 72 hour dough, but we've added a little color. (In case you were wondering, from the Beets.)
Another reason I just love to make my own dough, simply BEET it...
72 Hour Beet Pizza Dough Recipe
500 grams bread flour (3 3/4 cups)
300 grams water (1 1/4 cups)
50 grams beet juice (1/4 cup)
16 grams sea salt (1 Tbsp)
1 gram active dry yeast (1/4 tsp)
1. Combine dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
2. Slowly add water and beet juice, using a wooden spoon mix thoroughly.
3. Remove from bowl and knead for 2-3 minutes to remove any clumps.
4. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
5. Place on counter and bulk ferment for 24 hours at room temperature.
6. Lightly flour a work surface, remove dough and place on floured work surface.
7. Divide dough into equal portions. Next we're going to make dough balls. Place one dough between your hands and fold two sides into center. Rotate 90 degrees and fold into center and continue this process until a ball is formed. Place smooth side into palm and swiftly pinch the seam closed. You can be aggressive with the pinch.
8. Place dough into highly oiled plastic cylinders, date cylinders and place in fridge for 48 hours.
9. Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before you use.